Tipmont REMC members are eligible for up to $50 in rebates for a Nest Thermostat. Smart thermostats help you save energy by learning your behaviors and adjusting as your life and the seasons change.
|This offer is valid for purchases and installations completed between December 1, 2021 and December 31, 2022. Please read the full terms and conditions below.|
|Homes using electricity from Tipmont as a primary heat source||$50|
|Homes that do not use electricity from Tipmont as a primary heat source||$25|
If you heat your home with gas, you may be eligible to receive multiple rebates. Visit your gas provider's website (such as CenterPoint) for more information.
Nest Smart Learning Thermostat
The Nest is an ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat that can help you save energy in your home. Smart thermostats differ from regular and even programmable thermostats by learning your behaviors and adjusting automatically to maximize your energy usage.
Heating and cooling is the largest energy consumer in your home. If you're not home during the day, leaving your thermostat too high in the winter and too low in the summer is a big waste of energy.
A Nest thermostat also allows you to control the climate in your home remotely and shows your energy consumption in real-time.
Applying for your rebate
- Purchase and install your Nest Thermostat in your primary residence
- Save your receipt
- Take a photo of your installed Nest Thermostat
- Locate your Tipmont REMC account number on your bill or in SmartHub
- Fill out the online rebate application within 60 days of purchase and installation.
Nest Rebate Eligibility
Eligible Nest Thermostat rebate applicants must meet requirements that include, but are not limited to, the following.
- Be a member of and receive electric service from Tipmont REMC on the residential (Schedule 1) rate — Tipmont REMC Rate Tariff .
- Own or rent a location, including new construction and existing single and multiple-family homes, townhomes and apartments, that receives service from Tipmont REMC.
- Purchase and install the Nest Thermostat between December 1, 2021 and December 31, 2023.
The Nest Thermostat must be purchased new and cannot be leased, rebuilt, rented, replaced by a warranty, or won as a prize. Your name must be listed on your Tipmont REMC membership to be eligible. Only one rebate application is allowed per membership.
Please read carefully
Tipmont Nest Rebate Program Terms and Conditions
This offer is valid for purchases and installations done between December 1, 2021 and December 31, 2023. Funds for this program are limited and available on a first-come-first serve basis. Rebate application must be postmarked latest by February 28, 2024.
Rebate amount varies depending upon the Primary Heat Source used by the participating member.
- $50 – Homes using electricity from Tipmont as a primary heat source
- $25 – Homes that do not use electricity from Tipmont as a primary heat source
Tipmont reserves the right to revise program requirements, incentives or terminate the program at will without prior notice. Termination, modification or suspension may affect a participant’s ability to redeem rebates. The program will automatically end by December 31, 2023 or when allocated funds have been disbursed, whichever comes first.
To be eligible, you must be a Tipmont member on the residential rate (rate schedule 1). The program is open to both new construction and existing single and multiple-family homes, townhomes and apartments. Equipment must be purchased new and cannot be leased, rebuilt, rented, replaced by a warranty, received as a gift, or won as a prize. Only primary account holders are eligible. Only one rebate application is allowed per account.
Rebate application submission
Application for rebates must be submitted within 60 days of purchase and installation. The application must be accompanied by proof of purchase and installation.
Tipmont reserves the right to verify purchase and installation before rebate payments can be made. These include but not limited to online receipt verifications from vendors and on-site inspection of installation.
Participants are responsible for the payment of all taxes which may result from the participation in the program.
Rebate amount will be applied as bill credit to participant’s account after purchase and installation have been verified. Tipmont reserves the right to refuse payment if purchase and or installation cannot be verified. Please allow up to two (2) billing cycles to receive your credit.
Participants agree to maintain installation for at least one calendar year from he date of installation. If installation is removed or if a participant disconnects their power before one calendar year, they agree to refund Tipmont the entire rebate amount.
Use of the Tipmont REMC logo
Tipmont REMC members or contractors may not use the Tipmont REMC logo in any marketing, advertising, or promotional materials without express written consent.
Tipmont cannot guarantee device manufacturer claims of energy or cost savings. Neither can we guarantee that participating in this program will lead to energy and cost savings. These savings are affected by factors such as weather, house size and occupancy, which are out of Tipmont’s control.
Participants shall indemnify Tipmont and associated staff against any and all losses, damages, expenses, fees, costs and liability arising from equipment purchase, installation and participation in the program.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a Nest Thermostat?
- The Nest is an ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat that cen help you save energy in your home. Smart thermostats differ from regular and even programmable thermostats by learning your behaviors and adjusting automatically to maximize your energy efficiency.
A Nest thermostat also allows you to control the climate in your home remotely.
- Which Nest thermostats qualify for the rebate?
- All generations of Nest thermostats qualify for the rebate. Please visit the official Nest website to ensure compatibility with your heating and cooling system.
- Why is the rebate available only for Nest thermostats?
- Nest has an integrated program for energy providers that can help save energy during peak hours, also known as demand response. While Tipmont is not implementing demand response at this time, we are studying its potential to help maximize energy efficiency and keep rates affordable.
- If I have a heat pump, which rebate do I qualify for?
- Since your primary heat source is electricity, you will qualify for a $50 rebate.
- How will I get my rebate?
- Please fill out the online rebate form. After your purchase and installation is verified, your rebate will be added to your bill as a credit within two billing cycles.
- How long do I have after I purchase a Nest to apply for a rebate?
- Your rebate application mst be submitted within 60 days of the original purchase and installation of your Nest Thermostat.
- Does new construction qualify for this rebate?
- Yes. Both new and existing homes qualify under this program.
- Why is the rebate amount less for homes that heat with gas?
- Tipmont is an electric distribution cooperative. Homes that heat with gas do not provide as much cost savings as homes that heat with electricity. Therefore, the incentive is higher for homes that heat with electricity. However, if you heat your home with gas, you may be able to combine your incentives for an even larger rebate from your gas company, such as CenterPoint (formerly Vectren).
- Will a Nest work in my home?
- Nest Thermostats are compatible with most heating and cooling systems. A compatability checker is available on Nest's website. Please check this source prior to purchasing a Nest Thermostat.
- Can I install the Nest myself?
- Yes, however we advise that you contact a licensed contractor to install your Nest Thermostat. Installation instructions are available on Nest's website.
- Will Tipmont REMC install the Nest for me?
- No. We advise that you contact a licensed contractor to install your Nest Thermostat.
- I rent, can I install a Nest?
- Consult your landlord or property manager before installing a new thermostat in your rental residence.
- My landlord has approved installation of a Nest, is the rebate available for renters?
- Yes, the rebate is available for renters who receive service from Tipmont REMC.
- Will Tipmont use the Nest to monitor my electric usage?
- No, we will not monitor your usage through your Nest Thermostat.