FREE SHIPPING WITH COUPON CODE "TIPMONT"
Use coupon code “tipmont” and select “Free shipping” when you order at aquanta.io. Orders typically ship within 5 business days.
Tipmont REMC members are eligible for up to $50 in rebates for an Aquanta Smart Water Heater Controller. An Aquanta helps you save energy by learning your behaviors and adjusting as your life and the seasons change.
|80 gallon and larger electric water heaters||$50|
|50-80 gallon electric water heaters||$25|
Aquanta: The Intelligent, Retrofittable Water Heater Controller
Residential consumers in the United States spend $32B annually on water heating energy, the 2nd largest load in the home. Of that, 20-50% of energy input is wasted via standby loss, and more from too-high setpoints.
Aquanta is the first "learning" water heater controller that easily installs on existing water heaters, enabling monitoring and control of hot water energy use by consumers.
Aquanta gives you convenient control over your water heater including programmable schedules, remote on and off, leak alert and usage data.
Works with Nest!
Nest Away lets Aquanta know when you are gone to reduce water heating energy usage.
Applying for your rebate
- Purchase and install your Aquanta in your primary residence. Use coupon code "tipmont" to get free shipping!
- Save your receipt
- Take a photo of your installed Aquanta
- Locate your Tipmont REMC account number on your bill or in SmartHub
- Fill out the online rebate application.
Aquanta Rebate Eligibility
Eligible Aquanta rebate applicants must meet requirements that include, but are not limited to, the following.
The Aquanta must be purchased new and cannot be leased, rebuilt, rented, replaced by a warranty, or won as a prize. Your name must be listed on your Tipmont REMC membership to be eligible. Only one rebate application is allowed per membership.
Please read carefully
Tipmont Aquanta Rebate Program Terms and Conditions
This offer is valid for purchases and installations done between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020. Funds for this program are limited and available on a first-come-first serve basis. Rebate application must be postmarked latest by February 28, 2021.
Rebate amount varies depending upon the size of the water heater used by the participating member.
- $50 – 80 gallon and larger electric water heaters
- $25 – 50-80 gallon electric water heaters
Tipmont reserves the right to revise program requirements, incentives or terminate the program at will without prior notice. Termination, modification or suspension may affect a participant’s ability to redeem rebates. The program will automatically end by December 31, 2020 or when allocated funds have been disbursed, whichever comes first.
To be eligible, you must be a Tipmont member on the residential rate (rate schedule 1). The program is open to both new construction and existing single and multiple-family homes, townhomes and apartments. Equipment must be purchased new and cannot be leased, rebuilt, rented, replaced by a warranty, received as a gift, or won as a prize. Only primary account holders are eligible. Only one rebate application is allowed per account.
Rebate application submission
Application for rebates must be submitted within 60 days of installation. The application must be accompanied by proof of purchase and installation.
Tipmont reserves the right to verify purchase and installation before rebate payments can be made. These include but not limited to online receipt verifications from vendors and on-site inspection of installation.
Participants are responsible for the payment of all taxes which may result from the participation in the program.
Rebate amount will be applied as bill credit to participant’s account after purchase and installation have been verified. Tipmont reserves the right to refuse payment if purchase and or installation cannot be verified. Please allow up to two (2) billing cycles to receive your credit.
Participants agree to maintain installation for at least one calendar year from he date of installation. If installation is removed or if a participant disconnects their power before one calendar year, they agree to refund Tipmont the entire rebate amount.
Use of the Tipmont REMC logo
Tipmont REMC members or contractors may not use the Tipmont REMC logo in any marketing, advertising, or promotional materials without express written consent.
Tipmont cannot guarantee device manufacturer claims of energy or cost savings. Neither can we guarantee that participating in this program will lead to energy and cost savings. These savings are affected by factors such as weather, house size and occupancy, which are out of Tipmont’s control.
Participants shall indemnify Tipmont and associated staff against any and all losses, damages, expenses, fees, costs and liability arising from equipment purchase, installation and participation in the program.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is an Aquanta?
- Aquanta is a “learning” water heater controller that easily installs on existing water heaters, enabling monitoring and control of hot water energy use. It can help you save energy by enabling smart control of your water heater's thermostat and heat cycling.
- How does an Aquanta control my water heater?
- The control box (the blue one in pictures) is a junction box to an electric tank's power source, so it turns on/off the power to the tank per the control algorithm or your commands. This can also "virtually" control the temperature in the tank.
- Is the Aquanta compatible with my water heater?
- Aquanta is designed to work with most residential and small commercial storage-style water heaters - the most common type in the US. Please visit the official Aquanta website to ensure compatibility with your water heater.
- What are the rebate amounts
- Electric water heaters 80 gallons and larger are eligible for a $50 rebate. Electric water heaters 50-80 gallons are eligible for a $25 rebate.
- How much does an Aquanta cost
- The Aquanta generally retails for around $165.
- How will I get my rebate?
- Please fill out the online rebate form. After your purchase and installation is verified, your rebate will be added to your bill as a credit within two billing cycles.
- How long do I have after I purchase a Nest to apply for a rebate?
- Your rebate application mst be submitted within 60 days of the original purchase of your Nest Thermostat.
- Does new construction qualify for this rebate?
- Yes. Both new and existing homes qualify under this program.
- Am I eligible if I heat with gas?
- This rebate is only for Tipmont REMC residential consumers that heat with electric as a primary source. If you heat with gas, contact your gas provider to see if any similar rebates exist.
- Can I install the Aquanta myself?
- Yes, however we advise that you contact a licensed contractor to install your Aquanta. Installation instructions are available on Aquanta's website.
- Will Tipmont REMC install the Aquanta for me?
- No. We advise that you contact a licensed contractor to install your Aquanta.
- I rent, can I install an Aquanta?
- Consult your landlord or property manager before installing a new thermostat in your rental residence.
- My landlord has approved installation of an Aquanta, is the rebate available for renters?
- Yes, the rebate is available for renters who receive service from Tipmont REMC.
- Will Tipmont use the Aquanta to monitor my electric usage?
- No, we will not monitor your usage through your Aquanta controller.