Coronavirus updateRob Ford | Friday, March 13, 2020
We are committed to the well–being of our customers, our employees, and our communities. As the Coronavirus situation continues to evolve, we rely on health and safety information from experts to ensure the decisions we make are consistent with local community, state, and federal standards. We want to stress that all of our essential services will remain unaffected.
Effective immediately, we are implementing the following measures:
Disconnection for non-payment is suspended until further notice.
This applies to every Tipmont electric service and Wintek powered by Tipmont internet service. Many of our members may face financial uncertainty and we will do everything we can to help you.
Our offices are closed to the public until further notice.
If you typically pay your bill in-person, please consider one of these other convenient bill pay methods:
- By mailing a check to P.O. Box 20, Linden, IN 47955.
- Online anytime with SmartHub at tipmont.org. Online payments can be made using debit/credit card or checking account.
- Using MoneyGram at participating locations near you. Please use receive code 15126. MoneyGram is cash payments only.
- Pay-By-Phone by calling (800) 726-3953 (press 2) and using our easy, fast, and secure automated solution for making payments with a check, debit, or credit card.
All business inside member homes is suspended until further notice.
This includes in-home fiber internet installations and in-home energy assessments. This will allow us to reduce public exposure for our employees. We will contact affected customers to reschedule appointments and resume appointments as soon as public health and safety concerns allow.
All employee business travel outside of our service territory is suspended.
Our employees will remain in our home service territory to help prevent the spread of the virus.
Our March 18 Klondike Fiber Internet Community Night event is canceled.
Please continue to visit our website and social media profiles for updates. We appreciate your understanding and support as we navigate this quickly changing situation. We wish for good health and safety for all.
- Last modified: Friday, March 13, 2020
Rob Ford is Communication Director for Tipmont REMC.