Security lights are outdoor light fixtures for use on your property to enhance the safety and security of your home, outbuildings and/or premises.
They are available to any Tipmont REMC member for continuous year-round service at locations readily accessible for maintenance purposes (by the sole discretion of Tipmont REMC).
Dusk to Dawn light
Tipmont REMC security lighting is photocell-controlled. They turn on automatically in the dark and turn off automatically when light is no longer necessary. Generally speaking, this is from dusk to dawn; however, lighting may activate at other times depending on levels of darkness.
To order a Tipmont security light, call 800-726-3953 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Tipmont offers two security light services: metered and unmetered. The flat monthly rate is per light and includes costs for lighting equipment and electrical operation maintenance. All new installations of Tipmont REMC security lighting use LED bulbs.
Unmetered ORNAMENTAL Lights
Unmetered ornamental security lights are dedicated light fixtures that come with their own decorative pole.
UNMETERED ORNAMENTAL LIGHTS Fixture Description Photo Wattage Flat Monthly Rate LED "Colonial" 45 $12.38 LED "Contempo" 70 $13.68 LED "Acorn" 60 $16.61
The installation time varies on lights installed for Unmetered Ornamental Services. Upon that request, engineers must meet with members to determine costs, and installation is scheduled only after payment.
Per Tipmont policy, we install lights for Unmetered Standard Services within five (5) business days of a request. If Unmetered Standard Service lights cannot be placed on a Tipmont meter or transformer pole, there may be an additional installation charge.
Unmetered Standard Lights
Unmetered standard security lights are lights that attach to an existing structure, such as a Tipmont meter or transformer pole.
UNMETERED STANDARD LIGHTS Fixture Description Photo Wattage Flat Monthly Rate LED Open Bottom 40 $9.49 LED “Cobra Head” 100 $11.60 LED Directional Flood 130 $13.34
For a full listing of security light pricing and fees, please see "SCHEDULE SL" in our rate tariff .
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I order a security light through Tipmont?
- Call 800-726-3953 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- At what times are the security lights active?
- Tipmont REMC security lighting is photocell-controlled. They turn on automatically in the dark and turn off automatically when light is no longer necessary. Generally speaking, this is from dusk to dawn; however, lighting may activate at other times depending on levels of darkness.
- Will Tipmont attach security lighting to Tipmont electric poles on my property?
- Yes. These styles are referred to as Unmetered Standard Services.
- Does Tipmont also offer dedicated security light fixtures that have their own stand?
- Yes. These styles are referred to as Unmetered Ornamental Services.
- Are there any installation costs?
- There are installation costs on Unmetered Ornamental Security Lights, which are determined based upon the lights requested. Unmetered Standard Security Lights do not have an installation fee, unless the lights cannot be placed on a Tipmont meter or transformer pole.
- What type of bulbs are used in Tipmont security lights?
- All Tipmont REMC security lighting uses LED bulbs. No mercury, vapor or sodium bulbs are available.
- What style / shape of bulb or fixture does Tipmont offer?
- Tipmont offers the following bulb styles in Unmetered Standard Services:
- Open Bottom
- "Cobra Head"
- Directional Flood
- What if a Tipmont security light needs repair?
- Tipmont replaces bulbs and photocells as necessary in this arrangement. The cost of this maintenance is included in your flat monthly rate. Please call our office at 800-726-3953 or submit a request in SmartHub
- What if I own a security light and want Tipmont’s help with maintenance?
- If you are a Tipmont member who owns security lighting, the cooperative will perform maintenance on a member-owned security light for a $50 fee.
- Maintenance is limited to replacement of bulbs and/or photocells.
- Members must provide all necessary materials for replacement.
- The fee applies regardless of whether Tipmont can repair the light.