Know and plan your monthly energy payment with Tipmont REMC's budget billing program.
When you enroll in budget billing, your monthly bill is the average of your last 12 months of Tipmont payment amounts. It is a free service for qualifying business and residential customers.
- You must have 12 months of consecutive consumption history with Tipmont REMC.
- Your account must have a $0 balance.
- You agree to make payments on time each month.
We offer two budget billing programs:
- Variable: Variable budget billing adjusts the amount you pay each month using the average of the previous 12 months of electric use. Your bill will fluctuate slightly each month, but typically no more than $10 or $20. This helps you have a more consistent monthly bill and avoid large spikes during high usage times in the summer and winter.
Variable budget billing enrollment is available in SmartHub.
- Fixed: Fixed budget billing charges you the same amount each month based on your previous 12 months of electric use. Each July, your account will be "settled up" based on your actual use during the previous 12 months. If you overpaid during the previous 12 months compared to your budget billing amount, you will be issued a credit. If you underpaid, we'll provide the amount that you owe.
To enroll in Fixed budget billing, please contact us.
Enroll anytime in SmartHub
Enroll in budget billing online anytime in SmartHub.
How to enroll in SmartHub
- Launch the SmartHub app and login.
- Open the menu at the upper left and press Bill & Pay. Then select Budget Billing.
- If your account is eligible for budget billing, press the button labeled Enroll.
- Read the Variable Budget Billing description and click the button marked "Enroll."
- Review your current balance due and your Estimated First Payment and press the button marked "Continue."
- Your account will now be enrolled in the budget billing program.
- Login at tipmont.smarthub.coop.
- Click on Billing and Payments and then select Budget Billing.
- If your account is eligible for budget billing, click the green button labeled "Enroll."
- Read the Variable Budget Billing description and click the green button marked "Continue."
- Your account will now be enrolled in the budget billing program that you chose.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is budget billing?
When you sign up for budget billing, the amount you pay each month is the average of your previous 12 months. It gives you more predictable bills by avoiding spikes caused by seasonal changes in how much energy you use.
How is budget billing calculated?
You have two budget billing options, variable budget billing and fixed budget billing.
Variable budget billing means your budget payment (or average) is recalculated each month. This way you won't have a traditional catch-up month. Typically the average may fluctuate $5 to $10, but you will always know "about" how much your bill will be.
We also offer fixed budget billing. The fixed amount is calculated based on the last twelve months average. You will receive a credit in July for the catch up month.
Can I pay ahead on my budget amount due?
Yes. Please call our office at 800-726-3953 to make this payment arrangement. Our office ours are M-F, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
You can also sign up for AutoPay in SmartHub! AutoPay pays your bill automatically from your bank account or charges it to your debit or credit card.
What happens if I miss a budget payment?
In order to participate in the budget billing program, payment must be received by the due date. If your payment is not posted before your next bill is calculated, you will be charged a penalty and be removed from budget. This may place your account up for disconnect.
To avoid missing payments sign up for AutoPay in SmartHub! Have your bill paid automatically from your bank account or charged to your debit card.
How do I get back on budget billing if I am removed?
If you are removed from budget billing because of a missed payment, you will need to pay your balance in full before you can re-enroll in budget billing. Please contact our member service team at 800-726-3953 and press 3 to speak with a member service representative. Our office hours are M-F 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Can I stop budget billing any time?
Yes. A member may request to stop budget billing at any time. Any carryover credit or balance is applied to the next bill. Members may also request to be issued a refund for their carryover credit.
Will my bill look the same?
Yes, your bill statement will look the same. The budget amount will be listed in the blue circle at the top of the bill.
Sign Up Today
To sign up, call (800) 726-3953 option 3 or send us a budget billing request via this page.